Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Now What?

Accepting the fact that I was bisexual has turned out to be the easiest part of this whole thing for me. One of the next things I had to do was to reconcile my bisexuality with my life and my beliefs. This was quite the process.

I set out to learn everything I could about being bisexual. I looked up all the YouTube videos I could. I found all the blogs I could. I looked up as many websites I could. I read everything on the Internet I could find. I took time for self reflection. One thing I took up was running. I have ADHD and for me running helps me focus my thoughts. I read my journals, scriptures and other personal and religious documents. I knew that in order to find out which direction my life was going to take I had to learn about my options, my future, my past and what I really want from life.

As I learned I realized that I'm the same I was before, just with a better knowledge of myself. I also realized that my goals in life were still the same. Many aspects of my life were not going to change with this new knowledge. The biggest reconciliation would come with my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment