Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beginning Somewhere

Now that I have set this blog up I guess I have to begin it somewhere.  I have never been good at blogs.  I have always struggled to write on a regular basis.  But I suppose that can change.  Recently I have been making all kinds of changes in my life.  I am finally becoming who I know I truly am inside.  So while I may not be a consistent writer, that doesn't mean that I still can't write consistently. 

For this first post I will give a little background and some reasons I started this blog.  One thing to know about me is I have ADHD.  So some of these posts may jump around and be all over the place, but I will do my best to keep them clear and on some sort of track.

About a month ago I finally came out to myself and accepted the fact that I was bisexual.  I always knew that I was attracted to women.  That was never in denial.  My attraction to guys, however, was a part of me that I tried my best to ignore, deny and get rid of.  This acceptance ultimately lead to my acceptance of every part of who I was at that time.  I accepted me for who I was, flaws and all.  This then lead to me finally being able to start making lasting changes in myself that were standing in the way of me being true to myself and being happy in life.  (These will be talked about in more detail in later posts.)

One thing about me is I love people.  I also want to help people.  I have realized that there are many out there that might be able to gain something from my experiences; whether it is the realization that you are not alone in your struggles, that you gained some additional insight into how someone can think differently than you, that there are people out there silently struggling, or maybe that some of your prejudices and hatred may be changed to show more compassion to others. 

With that being said, I welcome comments and feedback from those that read this blog.  I do ask that those comments not include hateful, vulgar, crude, obscene or foul language.  I want this to be a place of positive exchange, understanding and upliftment.  You can disagree without being negative.  I actually embrace disagreements.  Everyone is different.  We all think differently and have differing opinions.  I think it is our diversity that enhances the human condition.  It makes us all more unique and interesting and helps move us forward.  But if those differences are attacked rather than celebrated it brings us backwards.

So I hope you enjoy this blog.

Much love,

Lonely Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment